The Athletic Hockey Show launches revamped lineup for the stretch drive of NHL season
As we hit the stretch drive of the 2023-24 NHL regular season, The Athletic Hockey Show is revamping its lineup with the goal of still delivering the most informative and engaging podcast to our listeners.
Starting on Monday, February 12, The Athletic Hockey Show will produce up to four fresh episodes on a weekly basis, continuing to rely on The Athletic’s unparalleled network of hockey reporters, analysts and insiders stationed around North America.
Now in its fourth season, The Athletic Hockey Show is The Athletic’s flagship hockey podcast and has delivered more than 750 episodes since launching in January of 2021.
The new format will see regular shows dropping on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, along with special prospects-centered shows on select Fridays.
The Athletic Hockey Show Monday
• Ian Mendes and Mark Lazerus will co-host the episode to kick off each week, welcoming in various Athletic beat writers, breaking down the biggest stories from the weekend and previewing the week ahead.
• The Athletic’s hockey insiders — Pierre LeBrun and Chris Johnston — will join the show each week for a segment discussing the latest breaking news and inside information they’ve gathered from around the league.
• The Athletic’s Jesse Granger will join each week to discuss the biggest storylines in goaltending and analyze some of the most intriguing betting lines and odds. And Down Goes Brown, a.k.a. Sean McIndoe, will be a frequent guest to discuss his recent work, tackle “This Week in Hockey History,” and preview the Wednesday podcast.
The Athletic Hockey Show Wednesday
• Sean Gentille and Sean McIndoe will team up with their unique brand of humor and insight to deliver a different perspective on the biggest stories of the week.
• Former NHL defenseman and current broadcaster Frank Corrado will join the Wednesday show regularly to provide expert analysis and the perspective that only a former player can bring.
The Athletic Hockey Show Thursday
• The Thursday show will continue to feature the trio of Hailey Salvian, Sean Gentille and Max Bultman.
• The three will go beyond the headlines and have deep conversations around some of the biggest issues and storylines in the sport.
The Athletic Hockey Show Prospect Series (Select Fridays)
• The Prospect Series will continue to feature the unrivaled quartet of Max Bultman, Corey Pronman, Scott Wheeler and FloHockey’s Chris Peters. Recognized as the best prospect analysts in the game, the four will continue to deliver discussion and analysis around the best young players in the sport.
• They will provide listeners with updated projections — who is rising and who is falling — as we approach key events on the calendar such as the Memorial Cup, the scouting combine and the 2024 NHL Draft.